Sunday, August 26, 2018

Dear Future Me (Parent Letter)

This week, we had back to school functions for my little brother’s last year in high school. It was a non stop week that I had to tell myself to stop and take it all in. It made me really have thoughts about things that I don’t want to forget when my son is older. So dear me as a parent don’t forget to get involved in school. The only way to make sure he is successful, is that I am aware of his environment not just from home but school. Please remember that meeting new people is nerve wrecking. Specifically, adults with an authority can be seen scary concept for them. All the tips and advice from other parent’s should be welcoming but at the end of the day you are the parent and know your child best. My goals for myself should not be my child’s goals. Being a parent not only means being blessed to care for a beautiful soul but to give him all the tools for the best life. No one’s perfect which means I have to practice with him certain things more if it’s learning a new concept from school, a new hobby or sports. There is no parent book to raising a child but I do know something my parents always have shown me actions to strive for more and not put myself as a limit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment