Saturday, June 18, 2011

VOLCOM

A very peaceful walk around the neighborhood of Bayonne with a lot of boutiques opening, very tempting but I choose to eat around the corner, my obsession of crepes. It was time to call for a taxi or at least look for one hoping the driver would understand me, to my luck she only spoke French, but the second I said Volcom, she was extremely delighted and to what I understood she knew where it was and there would be no problem taking me there. Was it a coincidence that she knew their offices were at or have they once again achieved their mark for people of the town know where their offices not just stores are located?
I finally meet Josie Clyde whom was very kind to give me a tour and any information of their offices. Josie is the European Girls Marketing Manager, who uses to be involved with snowboarding and music industry, making it a lot easier to work with Volcom having the knowledge of working with variety of brands. I learned from what the marketing department focus on overlooking events and advertising, as well as, visuals in opening a new store using original artwork to a connection to the culture. Furthermore, I got an insight of control quality of each sample and production, which has various steps from sizing, shipping cotton and non cotton products to shipping to the stores.
Something quite awesome, is they work with different fashion schools in Europe,  giving the students six months to work on anything Volcom has given them it can be from a lot of denim and create just about anything. Whoever is the winner gets to work in for six months in Volcom and create their own capsule collection from start to finish.  It was quite extraordinary the various things happening and all to the most creative and inspirational human beings working in Allee Belharra, 64600 Anglet.


 

the creative room




working fast since their deadline was fast approaching


1 comment:

  1. sounds like THE coolest experience EVER. volcom is amazing! :)
    love their room too, so inspirational

    xx

    ReplyDelete