Monday, June 13, 2011

A once in a lifetime opportunity

I doubt I will ever have the chance to witness Trooping the Colour that celebrates the Queen’s birthday and the Queen and all of the royal family in the parade. Our first Saturday morning with nothing scheduled and many decided to sleep in, however, was I glad I did not especially when I told myself I was going to enjoy every second of this trip.
We got out of the tube and started walking toward the Buckingham Palace where a lot of people were already gathered, finally we arrived at a spot where it was a bit overcrowded but we managed to be in the second row. It turns out to be Clarence House where a minute later the cars come out with Prince Charles and Camilla, and Prince William and Princess Catherine. I was completely in shocked and excited at the same time, we did not expect to see them that fast and close either. Finally we had the ceremonial parade with the first carriage with Princess Catherine, Prince Harry, Prince Andrew and Camilla. Then another carriage with the Queen and Prince Phillip, and since we were next to Clarence home all the children and in laws came out to wave to the Queen. 
We were able to see them once again when they were heading toward the palace again for the Trooping Ceremony and this time we were much closer front row! I was excited because it’s something completely amazing to witness this parade. Finally we got close to the Bucking palace where all the royal members made their way to the balcony, meanwhile the cannons were going off which made it feel like an earthquake but of course it wasn’t, it was part of the parade then Royal Air Force made a spectacular performance! The whole experience was just amazing and I was able to be amongst many locals who dressed with their proper attire to see their Queen. It was indeed a very wonderful morning, and once again it is so hard to pick the best thing from this amazing trip but I am completely grateful for being able to be in this trip.




Prince Edward

The Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment