Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Morning Affirmations- Quick & Simple

It all started with birth affirmations, I had been searching for a way to keep at ease during the early stages of birth. At 7 months pregnant, I wrote about 14 colorful index cards, with all the motivational quotes or strong statements regarding my ability to give birth. There is so many ways a labor can go but keeping calm is an essential key because your baby most definitely will feel any anxiety or fear you are feeling. They were lifesavers for my three days of on and off contractions. After giving birth I still needed to remind myself I could do this, yes I always had my family and friends support but those 3 am feedings weren’t the best time for a new mommy. I came up with three affirmations that I would tell myself as I was brushing my teeth. 

  • I am in charge of my day and my happiness. 

  • My mind is strong and my body has the energy. 

  • I am enough and I am doing enough for myself and my son. 

To this day I still need a reminder especially on those days were everything takes a wrong turn. I been able to not make it about the situation but instead the way I react about the situation. It’s something small and takes no more than a few minutes in the morning. What are your morning affirmations? If you don’t have any is there anything you always tell yourself throughout the day? I hope everyone enjoys their afternoon/evening today. ✌🏽


No comments:

Post a Comment