Thursday, August 21, 2014

Cookies for Kid's Cancer: All the Good Cookies

One of my favorite blogs at the moment is http://www.jumpersandjasmine.com/ by Miss Alyssa Campanella who happens to be the one that inspired me to take a look at Cookies for Kid's Cancer website. She did a blog post about strawberry short bread cake which I attempted to make mine as well. I am pretty much obsessed with baking and strawberries and this seemed to be the perfect recipe. For more recipes I have ordered the Cookies for Kid's Cancer book in order to get more ideas. All the proceeds go to research for pediatric cancer centers to find more effective treatments. Their website is cookiesforkidscancer.org  with this in mind I really wanted to sign up for the Susan K marathon this month coming up and possibly organize something for this new foundation on my radar. I will keep you posted. Any other foundations or causes, please share, sometimes I research things when it happens close to home but I still would be interested in looking into other fundraising.


First time doing a two layer cake!
    
 My version of the recipe cake from Miss Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment